The Ambassador
 

Files

Download

Download Full Text (31.5 MB)

Description

The new University of Windsor has its roots firmly planted in the traditions which nourished Assumption College when its doors were first opened by the Basilian Fathers on February 10, 1857. Affiliation with Western University, London, Ontario in 1919, changed Assumption's old curricula from a preparatory for admittance to seminaries into an integral part of the University's Faculty of Arts and Sciences. Co-education came to the campus with the arrival of Holy Names College in 1950. University status was achieved in 1953. Essex College three years later with its facilities in Memorial Science, the Annex, and the Essex College Engineering Building affiliated with the University College physically present in Dillon Hall. An Anglican Liberal Arts College, Canterbury College next joined the University in 1957. The addition of a new library and the University Centre marked the coming of age for Assumption University.

Publication Date

1964

Publisher

Assumption College

Rights

Public Domain

City

Windsor, Ontario

Keywords

University of Windsor, Assumption College, The Ambassador

Disciplines

History | Public History

The Ambassador: 1964

Share

COinS