Download Full Text (7.7 MB)
Deed in which the Hurons/Wyandots transferred 2 arpents of land to the Jesuit Missionaries. The land lies between the Detroit River and Grand Marais and is the current location of Assumption Church and the University of Windsor. The original document is in the University of Windsor Archives, accession number 99-008, file 1; includes French transcription and English translation.
Hurons, Wyandots, Jesuit Missionaries, Land Deeds, University of Windsor, Assumption Church (Windsor Ontario), Windsor (Ontario), Sandwich (Ontario)
History | Public History
Jesuit Missionaries and Hurons, "Huron Deed of Gift 1780" (1780). SWODA: Windsor & Region Publications. 101.