Download Full Text (1.9 MB)
The new, non-denominational University of Windsor, launched in 1963, began with a campus, physical plant and traditions dating back to the establishment of Assumption College (later Assumption University) in 1857, and based upon the pioneering work of the Basilian Fathers since 1870.
The New Biology Building at the University of Windsor, occupied early in 1966, provided the most modern laboratory facilities and equipment available. Faculty members planned the building over a two-year period, with special consideration for the inter-relationship of teaching and research. The result was a building in which research areas, labs and seminar rooms are strategically located to facilitate close contact between professors and students in their exploration of the frontiers of Biology.
University of Windsor
University of Windsor, Department of Biological Sciences
History | Public History
University of Windsor, "Biology: New Facilities at University of Windsor" (1966). SWODA: University of Windsor Publications. 2.